- 1 tablespoon coarse kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon finely ground coffee beans
- 4 1 1/4- to 1 1/2-inch-thick bone-in
- Mix the first 6 ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle spice rub over both sides of steaks, pressing to adhere.
- Let steaks stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Spread entire bag of instant-light mesquite chunks over 2/3 of bottom rack and prepare barbecue (medium-high heat).
- Grill steaks over mesquite until brown on both sides, about 2 minutes per side.
- Remove steaks from grill and add Big Daddy Bomb BBQ Sauce.