- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 20 chicken wings, or drumettes
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- ½ cup honey
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a bowl, combine flour, chili powder, salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder. Coat the wings in the flour evenly, shaking off any excess.
- Place the floured wings on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and spread them out in a single layer.
- Bake for 45 minutes, flipping halfway through until skin is crispy and golden brown.
- Preheat oven to 500°F (250°C).
- In a separate bowl, combine the BBQ sauce and the honey. Stir the cooked wings in the sauce and coat them evenly.
- Place the coated wings back onto the baking sheet and spread them in a single layer.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until sauce, is bubbly and caramelized. Cool, then serve.